[aisle] Re-Launching the Elders of the Internet Video

Dan Bostrom dan.bostrom at railslibraries.info
Fri Feb 12 09:38:51 CST 2021

Hi everyone,

February 14 is #LibraryLoversDay, and it is the first anniversary of the launch of our Elders of the Internet video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IESxDtn8Y&feature=youtu.be>, featuring Nick Offerman. Just a few weeks after launch, the world got a bit sidetracked with the novel coronavirus, so we are relaunching the video with a new media kit<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s4LLJVXRg_zBTvdHSU-sycY6hKnQfThRsX5krH1zkhI/edit?usp=sharing> to assist you in answering the often-asked question, "Why do people need libraries in the age of Google?"

The media kit includes:

*       A list of 25 ways you can promote Elders of the Internet

*       Links to the Elders of the Internet video (three versions)

*       Sample social media posts

*       Sample copy for your print or e-newsletters

*       Talking points about why libraries are needed in the internet age

*       And more!

We'd love to hear how you are sharing/using the video and any patron comments you may hear. If you have more ideas for promoting the video, or for tackling the "why libraries/when Google?" question, contact us at communications at railslibraries.info<mailto:communications at railslibraries.info>.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan Bostrom (he/him/his)
Member Engagement Manager