[aisle] graphic adaptations

Mariela Siegert marris116 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:50:30 CST 2021

I think that depends on a few things.
What grades you serve.
What the rest of your collection is like.
How many other graphics you have.
How your community normally reacts.
What your challenge policy is like.
If you have a supportive administration.

Personally, I don't think that graphics should be judged differently just
because of the visual piece, but research shows that graphics tend to have
challenges at a higher percentage than other items.
I think if you are going to put it on the shelf, prepare for possible
backlash so it does not catch you by surprise.
I would not do a permission slip because that just starts to open a can of
worms.
If it is right for your collection, all students should have access to it.
Just my thoughts.

I have a specific passion for graphic novels, so if you want any more help
or research, just let me know!

*Mariela Martinez Siegert*
School Librarian, Downers Grove North HS

marris116 at gmail.com

Adjunct Faculty, SOIS at Dominican University
RCYRBA Board Member | No Flying No Tights Features Editor
<http://www.instagram.com/marris116/> <http://twitter.com/marris116>
Currently reading *A Court of Silver Flames* by Sarah J. Maas

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:54 AM Gina Caneva via AISLE <