[aisle] Pd ideas?

Janet Jenkins jjenkins at robinsonschools.com
Fri Feb 26 08:22:55 CST 2021

I just did one on Mote that Richard Byrne highlighted a few weeks ago. This
is from his website.  ~Janet

Mote
<https://click.convertkit-mail.com/qduxldknqi7hwznvqcl/l2hehmhonq3zonb6/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuanVzdG1vdGUubWUv>
.

Mote is a Chrome extension that will let you add voice comments to Google
Docs, to Google Classroom, and to Google Slides. The great thing about
using Mote to add voice comments to Google Docs is that your students don't
need to have the extension installed nor do they need a Mote account to
hear your comments.

This video
<https://click.convertkit-mail.com/qduxldknqi7hwznvqcl/m2h7h5hoq287o9hm/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9GZGMwNjB0Q3o1aw==>
will
show you how to use Mote with Google Docs, this one
<https://click.convertkit-mail.com/qduxldknqi7hwznvqcl/dpheh0hqod0mqwum/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS91OW5VLVhESWVOOA==>
shows
you how to use it with Google Classroom, and this one
<https://click.convertkit-mail.com/qduxldknqi7hwznvqcl/e0hph7hklm02k2b8/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3V0dS5iZS9wWEZfNGQxbl9QOA==>
shows
you how to use Mote in Google Slides.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 8:01 AM Christine Wilson via AISLE <

> Maybe a step by step demo of how to access the items you discussed in your
> what-the-library-has-to-offer talk? Destiny, Gage and other systems are
> intuitive to us who use them everyday, but teachers may never have plowed
> through the unfamiliar screens. Also, they might do a search in Gage or
> another curated database, but they haven't availed themselves of the
> saving, organizing, and deep searching features.
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 7:48 AM BROOKE NELSON via AISLE <
>
>> Hi Braintrust!
>>
>> I was asked by the English department to give PD just before spring break
>> in March. I just did a PD on all the library has to offer, as well as book
>> talks, etc. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas as to what I could
>> do for a PD for high school ELA teachers, the day before spring break
>> (focus, I’m assuming, will be lacking because they will get a much needed
>> break!). Thought you might have some great ideas.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brooke Nelson
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
>

> #StaySafe
>

> 'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
> you have WebMD?'
>
> Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com
>

> Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
> Avon Center School
> 1617 N. Rt. 83
> Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
>

> *Home of the Novas *
>
> wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org
> @M <https://twitter.com/Christi98003919>rsWilson46

Janet Jenkins
Robinson High School Librarian
Library Forum Sponsor
Beta Club Co-Sponsor
Illinois Heartland Library System Board Member
jjenkins at robinsonschools.com