[aisle] Picture Books for H.S.

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Fri Feb 26 09:19:47 CST 2021

*Nobody knew what to do*, by Becky McCain
*I walk with Vanessa*, by Kerascöet (also available in Spanish)
*Be who you are*, by Todd Parr
*One*, by Kathryn Otoshi
*Stand tall, Molly Lou Melon*, by Patty Lovell
*Nelson Mandela - no easy walk to freedom*, by Barry Denenberg
*Between the Lines - how Ernie Barnes went from the football field to the
art gallery*, by Sandra Wallace
*Separate is never equal*, by Duncan Tonatiuh
*Ruby Bridges goes to school*, by Ruby Bridges
*Ruby Bridges: through my eyes*, by Ruby Bridges (discusses re-segregation
of city/suburbs)
*New Shoes*, by Susan Meyer
*A different pond*, by Bao Phi
*This is the rope*, by Jacqueline Woodson
*Mango, Abuela and Me*, by Meg Medina
*Jalapeno Bagels, *by Natasha Wing
*The boy who harnessed the wind*, by William Kamkawamba
*Energy Island*, by Allan Drummond
*One plastic bag*, by Miranda Paul
*Seeds of change: planting a path to peace*, by Jen Johnson
*Wangari Maathai: the woman who planted millions of trees*, by Franck Prévot
*14 Cows for America*, by Carmen Agra Deedy
*Fred stays with me*, by Nancy Coffelt
*After Charlotte's mom died*, by Cornelia Spelman
*Love is Love*, by Michael Genhart
*And Tango makes three, by Justin Richardson*
*The girl who heard colors*, by Marie Harris
*Allison*, by Allen Say
*All the Ways to be Smart*, by Davina Bell
*Rainbow: a first book of pride*, by Michael Genhart
*Sparkle boy*, by Lesléa Newman
*Funny Bones*, by Duncan Tonatiuh
*Duck! Rabbit!*, by Amy Rosenthal
*Mirror, mirror*, by Marilyn Singer

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 8:01 AM Margo Newtown via AISLE <

> Race Cars - Jenny Deveni
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 7:51 AM Ann Marie Jinkins via AISLE <
>
>> Our current events teachers would like to begin using a variety of
>> picture books in the Current Events classes to better encourage
>> participation in discussions and, hopefully, lead to a collaboration with
>> the creative writing and art classes.  What are your favorite go-to picture
>> books about current social-issue topics?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Ann Marie Jinkins
>> Librarian
>> Rochelle Township High School
>> (815)562-4161, ext. 4112
>> ajinkins at rthsd212.org
>>

>> <https://www.credential.net/60ad1434-87f9-403b-bf5f-ecf7ce78cc9a?key=f264c123debcdde699a15e5ac5e7899cfe36f782dc32a9726fa783e332d7984d>
>> <https://www.credential.net/6d25c95d-d7c0-46af-9595-94f71c5229fe?key=46a1d4e6a888faa5d9918c482222a6d3780e42d854b0b57004e99b8c14b3f6e1>
>>
>> <https://t.cred.ly/HypPLp1PHmdCIe3TSGEIGg,,$$$05szTMCX1c3R2VaX-PXcUwm_t-N21DTj0x4zn08e3JRRKbn2XJ44YknX8mdAPNj_fAjCN-6bOxrhR-BLJD8Il3R_6qplYxc8SAcirHPzbR0,?r=https%3A%2F%2Fcredly.com%2Fcredit%2F23508130&t=1597596265&c=sl>
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Margo Newtown
> Sheridan School Librarian
> 847-615-6078
> @SHlightbulblab
> *LIBRARY TAGLINE: Empowering Lifelong Readers as Learners*

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School