[aisle] Genius Hour

Jeanne' Aken jaken at bpd3.org
Fri Jan 8 09:43:23 CST 2021

Have any of you held a Genius Hour in your library?  I am looking for help
in organizing 15 different library classes and not being overwhelmed with
multiple assignments, but I want a weekly check in something along the
lines of Plan-Do-Review.

Any hints, suggestions on managing such a large crowd (250 kids)?  We are
using Google Classrooms as a school, and we do have Meets, but I was a bit
surprised yesterday when I had to walk my students through creating a
folder in Google and creating a Google Doc for Brainstorming.

If any other library has done a Genius Hour, I would love to hear how you
scaffolded learning for your students.

Peace and Blessings,

Jeanne' Aken
District Librarian
Beach Park CCSD #3
40667 N. Green Bay Road
Beach Park, IL 60099
847-596-5880
jaken at bpd3.org

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."
Harold Howe, Former U.S. Commissioner of Education