[aisle] book suggestions

Katherine Contreras kcontreras at d64.org
Fri Jan 8 11:20:50 CST 2021

Hi All,

I received a teacher request this morning and was hoping I could get some
more ideas for 7-8th grade students:

"The kids decided that they weren't interested in Treasure Island, and that
they wanted to start a new one instead.   They shared that they want a
murder/horror/thriller story, but not necessarily a murder mystery. They
also were very clear about not wanting any romance or witches/magic. They
were open to some sci-fi/time travel (specifically to the 80's?) and
dystopia type elements, but they were very adamant about not wanting magic
or monsters."

It's really hard to get around the romance factor, so my ideas don't all
fit the requirements:
*The Inheritance Games *(Barnes)
*Girl, Stolen* (Henry)
*Beneath* (Smith)

I appreciate any other suggestions you can give.

Thanks!

Mrs. Katie Contreras
School Librarian
Emerson Middle School
Park Ridge-Niles SD 64

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please respond to the individual sending the message, permanently delete
the original and any copy of this e-mail, attachment, and any printout
thereof.