[aisle] Help! Merging Two Libraries

Mary Jo Zinke mzinke at amboy.net
Mon Jan 11 10:41:02 CST 2021

Good Morning,

I’m looking for some recommendations of who to work with on our library
renovation. This fall our district will be merging the middle school and
high school libraries into one location. We have to figure out how to make
our old high school library work to serve grades 5-12 students. We are
under construction here at the high school right now adding on the middle
school addition of new classrooms, cafeteria, and office. At this time
there wasn’t’ enough money to renovate a space so that the middle school
could have its own library. I’m a little concerned about how to get 7100
books that are heavily used by grades 5-8 on nonexistent shelves as of
right now. We need to work with a company that has a great vision because I
want this to look nice.

Thank you!!

Feel free to contact me off the listserve with information you might have.

--
Mary Jo Zinke
Amboy District Librarian
mzinke at amboy.net