[aisle] Help! Merging Two Libraries

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Mon Jan 11 11:40:38 CST 2021

Wow what a task!

Please remember to find colleagues who run a library with a wide age group,
to think about policies you want to reinforce with your design. I'd hate to
see you with a wonderful looking space that doesn't meet your needs! I know
I'm being a buttinski, but I've heard too many tales of people being in a
real jam because they've overlooked this step.

Good luck -

Chris Wilson

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:47 AM Mary Jo Zinke via AISLE <

> Good Morning,
>
> I’m looking for some recommendations of who to work with on our library
> renovation. This fall our district will be merging the middle school and
> high school libraries into one location. We have to figure out how to make
> our old high school library work to serve grades 5-12 students. We are
> under construction here at the high school right now adding on the middle
> school addition of new classrooms, cafeteria, and office. At this time
> there wasn’t’ enough money to renovate a space so that the middle school
> could have its own library. I’m a little concerned about how to get 7100
> books that are heavily used by grades 5-8 on nonexistent shelves as of
> right now. We need to work with a company that has a great vision because I
> want this to look nice.
>
> Thank you!!
>
> Feel free to contact me off the listserve with information you might have.
>
> --
> Mary Jo Zinke
> Amboy District Librarian
> Amboy High School
> Amboy Junior High School
> Amboy Central School
> mzinke at amboy.net
> 815-857-3632 x308

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School