[aisle] Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action - February 1 - 5 , 2021

Alyse Liebovich alyseliebovich at u-46.org
Thu Jan 14 11:42:03 CST 2021

Thank you, Judi! I was excited to see librarians sharing resources in
support of the BLM movement and, most importantly, our BIPOC students and
communities.
It is shocking to me that there are librarians speaking out* against
*supporting
a peaceful social justice movement (as Sherry stated).

Elisa, thank you for sharing that Malcolm X quote, and also when I read
your second response I said, *"Preach, Elisa!"*

In solidarity,
[image: reading]

*Alyse Liebovich*
*Librarian//Writers Week Coordinator//Unshelved (Book Club) Sponsor*
Bartlett High School
*Twitter:* @LibraryHawks <https://twitter.com/libraryhawks>
Currently Reading:    *Sh*t, Actually *by Lindy West
                            *The Space Between Worlds *by Michaiah Johnson
*Current Audiobook:*  *A Promised Land* by Barack Obama

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:41 AM Elisa Gall via AISLE <

> Thank you Judi! I appreciate all of these resources, especially as so many
> false equivalences get made and gaslighting occurs around us. I am reminded
> of this Malcolm X quote:* If you're not careful, the newspapers will have
> you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are
> doing the oppressing.*
>
> Best,
> Elisa
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:38 AM Sherry Jo Baehr via AISLE <
>
>> Thank you, Judi, for passing along information about  #BLMatSchool Week
>> of Action. Black Live Matter is a peaceful social justice movement. Let's
>> not let Mr. Heideman -- who is appallingly misinformed for a librarian --
>> derail and obstruct this conversation about giving our black students and
>> colleagues the support they need.
>>
>> Sherry Jo Baehr
>> Head Librarian @ Niles West High School
>> My Pronouns: she/her ~ See mypronouns.org to learn more

>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:11 AM John Heideman via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Black Lives Matter is a group that encourages and incites violence. The
>>> two co founders are active Markist . We should have no part of them.
>>> Mr. Heideman

>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/
>

> --
> Elisa Gall
> elisamcclain at gmail.com
> she/her/hers

U-46 Privacy Disclaimer

This message, including any attachments, may
contain confidential information or proprietary information, and is
intended for the person / entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any
use by others is strictly prohibited.