[aisle] Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action - February 1 - 5 , 2021

Kate Rogers krogers at csd99.org
Thu Jan 14 14:01:37 CST 2021

Excellent resources, Judi! Thanks so much for sharing!

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 6:40 PM Moreillon, Judith Lynn via AISLE <

> Dear AISLE List Members,
>
> The Black Lives Matter at School coalition is holding a #BLMatSchool Week
> of Action from February 1-5, 2021.
>
> This is an opportune time to co-design curriculum for the unique students
> in your school.
>
> In my 1/11/21 blog post, I highlight #BLMatSchool resources as well as
> others I have curated to support you and your colleagues in designing and
> implementing racial justice curriculum tailored to the unique needs of the
> students in your care.
>
> I hope you will collaborate with one or more colleagues to launch Black
> History Month with a week of engaging, thought-provoking, soul-searching
> conversations among your students and faculty and take action to make your
> learning environment a more just and caring space.
> https://tinyurl.com/sllblog011121
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Judi
>

> Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.
>
> Literacies and Libraries Consultant
>
> Co-Chair, Teacher Librarian Division, Arizona Library Association
>
> 2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award
>

> Author/Editor:
> *Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and
> Courage * (Libraries Unlimited, 2021)
>
> *Maximizing School Librarian Leadership: Building Connections for Learning
> and Advocacy* (ALA, 2018)
> *Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School
> Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact* (ALA, 2013)
> *Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School
> Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact* (ALA, 2012)
>
> *Please, Don’t Give Me A Hug!/Por favor, íno me abraces! *(2019, 2021)
> *Ready and Waiting for You* (2013)
> *Read to Me/Vamos a leer *(2004)
> *Sing Down the Rain *(1997)
>
> http://storytrail.com
> info at storytrail.com
> http://schoollibrarianleadership.com
> @CactusWoman <https://twitter.com/CactusWoman>

Kate Rogers (she/her/hers)

The DGS Library is now offering Curbside Pickup!
<https://dgslibrary.org/home>

*Downers Grove South High School*
*     Librarian, dgslibrary.org <http://dgslibrary.org>*
*     Book Club Sponsor*
*krogers at csd99.org <krogers at csd99.org>*
*(630) 795-8561*

--

This electronic message (and any associated file attachments) is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It