[aisle] MLK Day Press Release

Virtual Communications AISLE virtualcomm at aisled.org
Mon Jan 18 11:39:31 CST 2021

As the nation celebrates the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, the
elected board of the Association of Illinois School Library Educators
wishes to reaffirm its commitment to supporting all students and school
librarians of color and we stand with our community in condemning
anti-Black racism and racism towards all People of Color.

Furthermore, we acknowledge and support our colleagues of color who are
asked to put in emotional labor in educating their coworkers in matters of
race and bias.

And we stand with and support all of our colleagues who are doing the work
to provide a safe and inclusive space for all students.

AISLE pledges to identify ways to promote diversity within our organization
and to provide professional development and training opportunities for our
members to continue to grow as educators teaching in an increasingly
diverse society.

*Christy Semande*
*President 2020-2021*
*Cell: 309.221.5609*