[aisle] Professional Book Review: Intellectual Freedom Issues in School Libraries

Moreillon, Judith Lynn jlmore at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 27 10:00:51 CST 2021

AISLE Colleagues,
On my 1/25/21 blog post, I provide a review of Intellectual Freedom Issues in School Libraries.
Edited by April M. Dawkins, this book includes 57 previously published articles on the various aspects of intellectual freedom (IF) as it's applied in school libraries. I contributed five articles.
My review focuses on my contributions and IF more broadly. Other contributors include Helen R. Adams, our school librarianship IF scholar extraordinaire, April Dawkins, Elizabeth Burns, Chad Heck, Maria Cahill, Lucy Santos Green, Michelle Maniaci Folk, and more.
I also include a mention of the IF chapter by Suzanne Sannwald and Dan McDowell in our forthcoming book Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and Courage (Libraries Unlimited 2021).
https://tinyurl.com/sllblog012521
Best,
Judi
Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.
Literacies and Libraries Consultant
Co-Chair, Teacher Librarian Division, Arizona Library Association
2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award

Author/Editor:
Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and Courage (Libraries Unlimited, 2021)
Maximizing School Librarian Leadership: Building Connections for Learning and Advocacy (ALA, 2018)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2013)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2012)

Please, Don't Give Me A Hug!/Por favor, íno me abraces! (2019, 2021)
Ready and Waiting for You (2013)
Read to Me/Vamos a leer (2004)
Sing Down the Rain (1997)

http://storytrail.com<http://storytrail.com/>