[aisle] Library fall 2021/22

Kathryn Green liveaboveline at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 19:46:38 CDT 2021

At this point our superintendent does not have guidelines for the fall for classrooms.  I don’t think he has even considered the libraries.
I can tell you that last year grades 3-6 came for lessons and book checkout. Grade pre-k through 2nd grade teachers made a choice for no check out, but came weekly for lessons. This was due to an administrative policy that the books did not go home (in case of another shutdown). Grades 7/8 different building could borrow books but few did for reasons above. Same with 9-12.  They had to use destiny to put the book on hold first. Many were unclear as to how to do this. I am the district Librarian but also the computer teacher for grades 1-6.

Hope this helps.

Kathryn Green
District Librarian
Oregon CUSD220