[aisle] Books to Movies 2021 for Middle School Students

Holtz, Alan C. (BMS) holtzac at vvsd.org
Fri Jul 23 10:51:33 CDT 2021

Good morning collective mind,

I just received news that I won a grant for books that have movie tie-ins. Whoot! Whoot!

Well, does anyone have the next hot movie related book for the 2021/2022 sy? I’m looking for suggestions like “The Art of Avatar : James Cameron's Epic Adventure” or “A Monster Calls : the Art and Vision Behind the Film.” I am also looking for graphic novels with tie-ins (I already got a bunch on the my list for the upcoming MCU). The third type of book is a book that is about to become  a movie like “Ready Player One,” “The Lightning Thief,” or “Eragon.” My weakness is I rarely watch movies, so I need a bit of help.

The great news is these books are self-promoting and get eaten alive while the movie is out. Sadly these books become dust collectors a few years later.

Sincerely,

Alan, Librarian serving Brooks Middle School

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about education."
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

This message is for named person(s) only. It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost should mis-transmission occur. If you receive this message in error, delete it (and all copies) and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Valley View Public School District 365U reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to the views of any such entity.  This e-mail has been virus and content scanned by Valley View Public School District 365U.