[aisle] Sad news

Lauren Ochs lochs at ms.k12.il.us
Mon Jul 26 12:38:46 CDT 2021

That is such sad news. David was so kind and dedicated and funny! We will miss him so much.

Lauren Ochs

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 26, 2021, at 11:33 AM, Georgeann Burch via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
> I will always remember David’s leadership as an example of “we’re in this together.” He would call people back together when tensions were rising and refocus us on the goal - always on what was best for kids and the organization.
> I’m very sad to think about meetings without his positivity.
>
> Georgeann
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>>> On Jul 26, 2021, at 9:20 AM, Leslie Forsman via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>>

>> Very sad news indeed.  He will be missed.
>>
>>> On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 7:49 AM Registrar AISLE via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>> AISLE learned over the weekend that David Little passed away suddenly Friday night. He was the current AISLE newsletter editor and webmaster, positions he held for many years.  He was active in AISLE throughout his  entire career.  He served as Secretary of the Association from 2003 - 2005.  In 2006 he became the Newsletter Editor,  a position he held to the present.   David served on the LBSS board from 2014-2019, where he was Secretary/Treasurer.  In 2014 David was the  Polestar recipient. David could be seen at conferences taking pictures and making people smile with his funny hats. His contributions to AISLE and his support of Illinois school libraries will be missed by all.
>>>
>>> Services are being held on Tuesday, July 27 at 11:00 a.m. in Astoria.
>>> His obituary can be found at:   http://shawgomemorialhome.com/obituaries/501
>>>

>>> --
>>> Caroline Campbell
>>> AISLE Registrar/Financial Secretary
>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>> --
>>
>> Leslie Forsman
>> Pre-K through12th grade Librarian
>> Education to Careers Instructor
>> Quest Instructor
>> Triopia CUSD #27
>> 2204 Concord Arenzville Road
>> Concord  IL  62631
>> 217-457-2281, x1033
>> lforsman at triopiacusd27.org
>> "Hey, you live where the books are!"
>> (from a preK student who saw me outside of school).
>>

>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

_Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information
that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of
applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message._