[aisle] EPIC and SOPPA

Jill Berry jmberry5 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:28:22 CDT 2021

I have been using the Search Alliance website to check the status of
resources. You can search by district or resource.
https://sdpc.a4l.org/search_alliance.php?state=IL

Here are the results when I searched for Epic. No student accounts.
https://sdpc.a4l.org/search_resource.php?softwareID=522&state=IL

Does anyone know the status of using Google Workspace and Google Classroom?
Two school districts have the following decision for Google. One district
is listed as Active.
"With the Following Restrictions: Vendor will be converted to a standard
DPA if they choose to sign a SOPPA agreement. The district will continue to
utilize Google services regardless of the vendor's decision."
https://sdpc.a4l.org/search_resource.php?softwareID=5385&state=IL

What is a standard DPA?

I was hoping to use the classroom version of Canva this year, but this is
what Search Alliance reports: Canva was declined by three districts.
https://sdpc.a4l.org/search_resource.php?softwareID=76&state=IL

Typing Club has also been declined by two districts and can only be used
without student accounts in another district.
https://sdpc.a4l.org/search_resource.php?softwareID=6486&state=IL
Does anyone have a good kid-friendly typing program that meets the SOPPA
guidelines and tracks progress?

*I would like to be in contact with others at private schools since our
regulations are different. You can contact me directly at jberry at csrn.org
<jberry at csrn.org>.*

Jill Berry
Cathedral of St. Raymond School
Joliet
jberry at csrn.org

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 9:04 AM Tamra Ashby via AISLE <