[aisle] Faculty Book Group Using Fighting Words

Neha Thakkar nehathakkar114 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:36:14 CDT 2021

This is so cool! Can I join? 😁

I might reach out to the author herself, or look in the end notes, I think
she had some resources. I'd also encourage adults to bring their own
questions, and if you need a starting place:
How can you be a wolf for kids?
How can you give them a place to be wolves? (Protected/safe, environment,
etc.)
Language for adults to respond to these types of issues, without sweeping
it under the rug/ignoring it/toxic positivity (this is geared for racist
comments, but could be a good starting point:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CP28RPGhgxm/) I also simply looked up child
abuse on Instagram and found other quick pics that could be good discussion
starters: https://www.instagram.com/__stopchildabuse__/
Also, I really like this image of levels of listening:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CL655AjBFaW/.
How can you look for signs of abuse and build relationships with kids so
they feel comfortable telling you/reaching out?
How do you build trust in adults for kids that don't see that at home?

Hope these help!

Neha Thakkar
M.Ed, MLIS, Pronouns: she/her/hers
630-452-5317
| nehathakkar114 at gmail.com
Socials: @mrsthakkar <https://maps.google.com/?q=Socials:+@mrsthakkar>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/neha-thakkar-43a841b/>
<http://instagram.com/mrsthakkar> <http://facebook.com/mrsthakkar>
<http://twitter.com/mrsthakkar> <http://thakkarsthinkers.blogspot.com/>
<http://youtube.com/mrsthakkar> <http://pinterest.com/mrsthakkar>

‌

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 9:52 AM Holtz, Alan C. (BMS) via AISLE <