[aisle] Readers’ Choice Book Award Announcement

Virtual Communications AISLE virtualcomm at aisled.org
Fri Mar 19 08:00:00 CDT 2021

The Readers’ Choice Book Awards were established by AISLE to promote
reading and provide Illinois students with the opportunity to participate
in and be involved in selecting age appropriate titles for recognition.
Each year hundreds of books are nominated for this recognition. Those
nominations become the list of 20 titles students read and then vote on.
The 2021 Monarch, Bluestem and Lincoln Award Nominees were truly
outstanding. We are proud to announce the 2021 Winners of these prestigious
awards.

The winners are…

Monarch: Can I Be Your Dog? by Troy Cummings

Bluestem: Wedgie & Gizmo by Suzanne Selfors, illustrated by Barbara Fisinger

Lincoln: Truly Devious by Maureen Johson

The winning announcement videos, suitable for showing students and voting
tallies may be found here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cKEPQNXqcpWvlaihBPZxBgRvgOWqUg0E?usp=sharing>
.

If you are having technical difficulties playing the videos, check your pop
up blocker.

If you have any questions about the awards, please contact the Readers’
Choice Function Reps at readerschoice at aisled.org.

Readers’ Choice Function Reps

Leslie Forsman and Jana Bayne

*Jennifer Campbell*
*AISLE Google Manager*
*AISLE 2021 Conference Committee Member*
*AISLE PD Committee Member*
*AISLE Online Store: https://aisled.threadless.com/
<https://aisled.threadless.com/>*