[aisle] Destiny--Quarantine and Hold requests

Jennifer Muzzy jennifermuzzy at mcusd2.com
Fri Mar 19 12:48:05 CDT 2021

Wise ones!!

We have recently had our Destiny Administrator change a setting to adjust
all books' status to "Quarantine" for three days after being returned.   I
thought this would be helpful so kids were not looking for books that were
"IN" but were on our quarantine carts for three days.  I am trying to
figure out if they are only counting days that our library is marked as
"open" on the Destiny calendar, or if all days on the calendar are counted.

Also, I discovered that now when books are checked in, books that have
holds on them are not giving us the message to hold the book for the person
who made the request.  So we end up putting books away that are supposed to
be held for people.  This is making us crazy!  Does anyone have any advice
for how to handle the quarantine setting and hold situation?  The only
thing I can think of is to "check in" the quarantined cart of books when
they change to "available" to have the holds messages pop up, but that does
not seem very efficient at all.

Looking forward to doing this all in the old regular way (fingers crossed)
next year.

Thank you!

--
Jennifer Muzzy
Librarian
jennifermuzzy at mcusd2.com

--
This is a staff email account managed by Mattoon Community Unit School
District 2.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential