[aisle] Destiny--Quarantine and Hold requests

Tasha Squires tsquires at dg58.org
Fri Mar 19 13:01:24 CDT 2021

So for this year, we just wait to check the book in until they have done
the quarantine days on shelves that we have set up. I have told the
students that it is possible that they will return a book but it will show
it is still checked out to them for up to 5 days after they return it.

Then, once a material has "served" its time, we check the book back in. At
this point if there are any holds they populate and we haven't had an
issue. We also extended our check out time to be 30 days to help with this
issue, and I don't charge any fines.

I'm not sure how to solve this the way you have it set up, so I'm sorry I
can't be of more help.

Tasha

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 12:48 PM Jennifer Muzzy via AISLE <

> Wise ones!!
>
> We have recently had our Destiny Administrator change a setting to adjust
> all books' status to "Quarantine" for three days after being returned.   I
> thought this would be helpful so kids were not looking for books that were
> "IN" but were on our quarantine carts for three days.  I am trying to
> figure out if they are only counting days that our library is marked as
> "open" on the Destiny calendar, or if all days on the calendar are counted.
>
> Also, I discovered that now when books are checked in, books that have
> holds on them are not giving us the message to hold the book for the person
> who made the request.  So we end up putting books away that are supposed to
> be held for people.  This is making us crazy!  Does anyone have any advice
> for how to handle the quarantine setting and hold situation?  The only
> thing I can think of is to "check in" the quarantined cart of books when
> they change to "available" to have the holds messages pop up, but that does
> not seem very efficient at all.
>
> Looking forward to doing this all in the old regular way (fingers crossed)
> next year.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Jennifer Muzzy
> Librarian
> Riddle Elementary School
> Mattoon, IL 61938
> jennifermuzzy at mcusd2.com
>

> This is a staff email account managed by Mattoon Community Unit School
> District 2.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
> sender.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG

Tasha Squires
O'Neill Middle School
School Librarian
tsquires at dg58.org
(630) 719-5815

Author of Library Partnerships: Making Connections Between School and
Public Libraries, 2009, Information Today, Inc.