[aisle] Fwd: REALISD Project Professional Development Opportunity

Executive Secretary AISLE execsecretary at aisled.org
Mon Mar 29 14:09:53 CDT 2021

Sharing this summer opportunity.

Carolyn Kinsella
AISLE Executive Secretary
P.O. Box 110
Seneca, IL  61360
PH: 815-357-6023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: REALISD Project <realisdproject at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 1:59 PM
Subject: REALISD Project Professional Development Opportunity
To: <execsecretary at aisled.org>

Hello Executive Secretary Kinsella,

I am emailing you on behalf of Dr. Melissa Johnston, Associate Professor at
the University of West Georgia and Dr. Dan Albertson, Professor and Chair
of the Information Science Department at the University at Buffalo. We ask
for your help in recruiting school librarians in Illinois for the REALISD
Project, which will offer a fully-funded online professional development
opportunity beginning this summer.

We would appreciate it if the below recruitment announcement were forwarded
to school librarians who serve rural populations. We welcome any questions,
and look forward to hearing from our applicants!

Thank you for your consideration,

–Caitlin W., REALISD Project GA

------------------------------

Rural Engagement to Advance Learning In STEM Digitally (REALISD) in School
Libraries Program

Fully Funded Opportunities Available!

The Rural Engagement to Advance Learning In STEM Digitally (REALISD) in
School Libraries will provide an online professional development workshop
for school librarians working in rural areas across the United States! The
workshops will provide school librarians the knowledge, skills, and
abilities to support STEM education efforts in their school through digital
tools and resources.

The summer workshop will be an interactive virtual event that will be held
in late July 2021. The workshop will be followed by an online module in the
Fall in which participants will work with other participants and project
personnel to explore further topics on supporting STEM efforts and to
ultimately create a final STEM in Practice Plan for their local school.

By participating in this program, participants will earn 3-hours of
graduate course credit, with all tuition and fees paid for by the Institute
of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), the federal agency supporting the
REALISD Program. If selected as a participant, all other expenses for
participating will be fully funded by the REALISD Program.

We invite you to apply for this program at the REALISD website
https://realisdproject.weebly.com/
<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fclicks.memberclicks-mail.net%2Fls%2Fclick%3Fupn%3DItctswz7-2Bex8OHfpK-2FcnKG3qk6PvGc27ASjyGJtAtzAoV6Sgy1cWtKpdKqccNYqxyPUh_2Q3loqtYrpZq9wZDhtfKNBbgHT7VjVAp5uW8E3mdZ7uipfXQkHrxMv8MXiJqml6Ne3xFo5Xz-2BsMaE0hH5PPlCy1iIKLPhmAl-2FaTZRINPIyy09Pxa5VqnpS30ZWy4diZUPhKrZHBuCiqtYNyKba6i68CW052WLtee-2Ff82-2B5zPsSOAjmLiJw3EVj-2BHSPVUH2n6t3XX5hehn15-2BHTi68AW0-2FjurHGYml6GhR88m5Rp-2BJf-2B96GzsiiUMXYpqVMVKVozxwqxjJJUxP0OOv7nNspJEMoxCIfE7UFK7Vc4-2F8g0bpRjY-2FmN6McCR-2FqNrrG-2F9-2BoKwiAc6eeX3edKubqr2Kts6Oe6-2FFkDbP1sCd76T-2FUwzExE-3D&data=02%7C01%7C%7C5bced62f0c964c6192ae08d7aa5423f0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637165150659612705&sdata=F3Oh3uXJ9mY3shkpEf5D6MwWCNVJiMR6Ao3kvl7L7Ho%3D&reserved=0>
by May 31st 2021!

Questions?  Email realisdproject at gmail.com

--
Caitlin W.