[aisle] Lateral Reading & SIFT

Kendra Hodgson Newton knewton at emsd37.org
Tue Nov 2 07:55:21 CDT 2021

I am getting ready to introduce SIFT and lateral reading to 7th graders. I
understand what it all is, but I am not sure how to teach it all. I will
have 80 minutes to teach the concept.

Does anyone have any good interactive lessons to teach this? Like I said,
this is going to be their first foray into the world of research and
validating resources, so very introductory will be best I am thinking.

If not this, what do you all use? I have taught the CRAAP test, and the
kids "got it", but I know that it isn't 21st century.

Sincerely,

Kendra Hodgson-Newton, MLIS
Glenview Middle School
East Moline School District #37
3100 7th St.
East Moline, IL 61244
Phone: 309-755-1919 ext. 233

--

This is a staff email account managed by East Moline School District 37.