[aisle] Programming for Final Exams Week

Caroline Fox Anvick foxc at unit5.org
Wed Nov 17 15:03:42 CST 2021

Our library does "De-Stress December" the week before finals for three
days. We have guided meditation during the lunch periods, and we also have
bookmarks with physical and mental health tips on it to reduce stress,
coloring pages and colored pencils, and some stress-busting crafts set out.
We've made "stress balls" with balloons and flour, and "worry stones" from
clay. You can Google both and get directions as well as what supplies
you'll need to get.
We normally have the news (closed captioned) on our TV in here, but
during De-Stress December, we switch it over to calming music. The last
time we did this (2 years ago) we thought it would be fun to find someone
who has therapy dogs. We even got a contact number, but never got around to
it since last year was what it was.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 2:51 PM Kathy Wickline via AISLE <

> I saw a presentation at IDEAcon using therapy dogs to destress during
> these weeks.
> Kathy Wickline
> Unity Junior High Librarian
> Tolono, IL
> wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us
>
> Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary
>

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 2:48 PM Eric Bodwell via AISLE <
>
>> High School folks:
>>
>> Does anyone have activities you do to help students destress during or
>> before finals week? We do a few things, but our principal is trying to
>> offer a number of options for kids and we want to build our list and
>> suggest some for other departments.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Eric
>>
>> --
>> Eric Bodwell
>> ebodwell at gmail.com
>> http://www.ericbodwell.com
>>
>> "Poetry isn't a profession, it's a way of life. It's an empty basket; you
>> put your life into it and make something out of that." - Mary Oliver
>>
>> “I am hard to disgust, but a pretentious poet can do it” - Marianne Moore
>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

*Caroline Fox Anvick*
*School Librarian*