[aisle] Challenges to PRIDE: the story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag

Dawn Brunschon dbrunschon at district100.com
Wed Oct 13 07:43:42 CDT 2021

Thank you everyone for your support.  I am so sorry to hear others have had
issues.  I made the decision to not read the book aloud during library, but
will have it up and available to students to check out.  We generally read
all of the Monarchs or as many as we can.  I can justify having the book in
the library and students/parents having a choice to read it or not.  I
would prefer to keep it in the library as opposed to being asked to remove
it or having it challenged.  I may not be handling it the correct way, but
I need to choose my battles carefully because I have a feeling the battles
are not over yet.

Again, thank you so much for your support and kind words.

Dawn Brunschon

--
[...]

Pursuant to Illinois’ public records law, this written communication may
constitute a public record which is available to the public and media upon
request.  Please be advised that this email communication may be subject to
public disclosure.