[aisle] Aisle Needs your Help!

President AISLE president at aisled.org
Thu Oct 14 13:20:57 CDT 2021

Our state is participating in a federally-funded IMLS research project
called SLIDE: The School Librarian Investigation: Decline or Evolution?
https://libslide.org with Keith Curry Lance and Deb Kachel, Antioch
University Seattle. They are planning to interview 100 school
administrators across the U.S. to better understand how staffing positions
are decided for libraries, learning resources, and technology. In
particular, they are gathering the factors, values, and priorities that key
school decision-makers consider when making staffing choices and whether
positions are combining or evolving to meet district needs. They are
seeking willing interviewees from districts in three categories:

1.   Gained school librarians since 2015-16

2.   Lost some librarians since 2015-16

3.   Lost all librarians since 2015-16

The one-hour interviews will be conducted via Zoom, be completely
confidential, and occur sometime convenient to the interviewee during this
school year.

Do you know of a school leader who makes or made staffing decisions who
would be willing to speak to one of our interviewers? (Retired
administrators may also participate if involved sometime since 2015-16.) If
so, either:

1.   Email them this info and ask them to provide their contact info at
this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P27WN3
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P27WN38>, or

2.   Send their names, emails, and position titles to dkachel at antioch.edu.
She will contact them.

So far six states are participating. Let’s be sure that our state is
represented in this national investigation. If you have questions, email
Deb at dkachel at antioch.edu. Thanks so much!

Antioch University Seattle is conducting this nationwide study called
SLIDE: The School Librarian Investigation—Decline or Evolution?
https://libslide.org Antioch’s Debra E. Kachel is the Project Director, and
Keith Curry Lance of the RSL Research Group is the Principal Investigator.
This project’s goal is to better understand current realities, not to
advocate for any particular position or staffing model.

Please email if your administrators are interested in being interviewed. So
we can contact them
 Mary Jo Matousek,
AISLE  President 2021-22
president at aisled.info