[aisle] 7th/8th Grade Research teacher pushback...

Dawn Scuderi scuderi.dawn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:56:28 CDT 2021

Hi Kathy,

First, thanks for reading my whole long email!

8th Grade does no research for the entire year.  There is no 8th grade
research except for the 40 kids that are in our accelerated classes.  The
previous librarian supervised kids and checked out materials and that was
it.  No one in the science group was willing to put themselves out there.
I met with everyone at the end of last year.

There really was not an opportunity to tie it into any planning in any
group's curriculum so I thought that having them exposed to the content was
more important than just doing nothing.  Also, I am on the teacher
danielson so I had to have an assessable lesson (not ideal).  There is no
requirement for "lessons" but I try to tie stuff in with the calendar like
banned book week and poetry month.

I am afraid that if I address this with the teacher, I will lose all of 8th
grade.  :(

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 12:15 PM Kathy Wickline via AISLE <