[aisle] Storage Books in Destiny?

Renee Welch rwelch at sd308.org
Fri Oct 15 14:50:12 CDT 2021

There's also the "Sub Location" found when you edit the title, first pg,
towards the bottom.  If you click OTHER you can create the sub location
name. I have books on special shelves like the Caudills and I will add the
sub location so it shows up on the search...You do have to teach your
students to click "see all" by the call # though.

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 9:58 AM Meyer, Gail via AISLE <

> Question for Destiny users – do any of you have extra copies of books you
> keep in storage? For example, I have 14 copies of Graceling by Kristen
> Cashore. These are kind of thick books and I don’t have the shelf space to
> hold all 14 at once, so I keep some in our back room to pull out as
> needed.  And when I booktalk it, we may NEED all 14 copies so I don’t want
> to withdraw them.  Is there an easy way to mark these titles or copies in
> Destiny so we know they’re in the back?
>

>    - There’s no status for “storage” or anything similar
>    - Adding a sublocation means you have to keep track of which specific
>    copies came from the back and which from the regular shelf
>    - Maybe a note to pop up when the title is checked in that this copy
>    came from storage? But then the catalog won’t reflect that location when
>    you do a search…
>    - And we honestly don’t care WHICH specific copy is on the shelf and
>    which is in the back – I’m just looking for an easy way to let my aide/subs
>    know there’s more of this book, or to let students know they might need to
>    ASK for this book since they may not see a copy on the shelf.
>

> Any ideas or suggestions?  I’m afraid checking them out to a fake patron
> might screw up circ stats (we’re talking over 100 books), and then it would
> say “checked out” when you look at the catalog.
>

> Gail Meyer, Librarian
>
> TF South High School, Lansing, IL
>
> gmeyer at tfd215.org
>
> 708.585.2197
>
> She/her/hers

Renee Welch
Bednarcik Junior High <https://www.sd308.org/domain/965>
LRC Director

Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library.
The only entrance
 requirement is interest. - Lady Bird Johnson