[aisle] Stephen King

Kristi Pierce ksmith at marionunit2.org
Tue Oct 19 13:22:16 CDT 2021

Nope!  Way too much sex, language, violence, etc, in my opinion.  On Common
Sense Media, the majority of his books/movies are listed 17+.  Carrie the
book, is listed 14+ states there is a " sex in a scene that turns
sadistic."  I know they are probably asking about his books because in a
couple of the current and most used textbooks there is an excerpt from
Cujo...which is also 16+.  The excerpt is fine, though.

Good luck!

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 1:13 PM Kristie Cerniglia via AISLE <

> Opinions on Stephen King in a MS library?  Thanks!
> (I have students begging for them, but am hesitant.)
>
> --
> Mrs. Kristie Cerniglia
> kcerniglia at district31.net
> @kcernig1
> 847-313-4466
> LMC Director
> Field Middle School
>
> *If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're
> right! - Henry Ford*

Kristi L.S. Pierce
Certified Library Media Spec.
Certified Educational Technology Spec.