[aisle] Shelving question

Kathryn Green liveaboveline at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 10:20:49 CDT 2021

The zero is a place holder. I only use them when I have additional numbers in the same category.

For example 972.1 972.45 and 972.670

This becomes misunderstood by many. 972.1 with the extra zeroes is 972.100 them 972.450 and 972.670. Sometimes the person shelving the books forgets about the place holder. It’s a personal organizational preference. Drives me crazy when they aren’t right.

Kathryn Green