[aisle] 6th Grade lesson ideas

Keary Bramwell kbramwell at graceriverforest.org
Mon Oct 25 11:49:26 CDT 2021

Hi All!
I'm new to school libraries and looking for fun ideas for lesson plans for 6th grade. I serve pk-6th at my school and am struggling to come up with activities for the older kids. My background is in public libraries, and I mostly worked with 5th and down. The past librarian in her words "just read books and stuff to them" but I'd like to create/bring the curriculum in line with IL state standards. Each grade comes once a week for 30-40 minutes, but I'm only part time. I'm basically building the entire library classes from the ground up for all the grades, so any advice or resources is welcome!

(I am familiar with what's on the AISLE website, mostly looking for lesson plan ideas.)

thanks,
Keary

Keary Bramwell
School Librarian