[aisle] Nonfiction foster care

Tasha Squires tsquires at dg58.org
Wed Sep 1 08:21:03 CDT 2021

Hi!

Not sure if this fits with the self care and ideas of activities to do, but
here are a few books I would for sure recommend for kids that are
interested in learning more about foster kids or reading about them.

One for the Murphys by Lynda Hunt

What I Carry by Jennifer Longo

Peas and Carrots by Tanita Davis

Hopefully someone else can give some recommendations for the activities and
self care part.

Happy Reading!
Tasha

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 5:29 AM Victoria Hall via AISLE <

> Hello,
> I’m looking for nonfiction titles about being in foster care for  grades
> 6-8. The student asked for self care type books and books with
> ideas/activities she can do with her foster family.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Vicki Hall
> Librarian
> Grant & Franklin Middle Schools
> Springfield Public Schools #186
> Springfield, IL 62704
> vhall at sps186.org
> vshall3 at yahoo.com

Tasha Squires
O'Neill Middle School
School Librarian
tsquires at dg58.org
(630) 719-5815

Author of Library Partnerships: Making Connections Between School and
Public Libraries, 2009, Information Today, Inc.