[aisle] second language support

Renee Welch rwelch at sd308.org
Sat Sep 11 11:08:22 CDT 2021

I have directed my ESL teacher to this site.  His resources out incredible.
Use the search bar....bet he's got whatever you may be looking for & the
top tab Best In Series......Hope it helps
Larry Ferlazzo's Website of the Day
<https://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/?s=ESL>

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 5:36 PM Amy Webb via AISLE <

> I have students visit the library that speak a variety of languages:
> Chinese, Turkish, Russian, to name a few.  I don't speak these languages.
> We have books in those languages for students to check out, but does anyone
> have ideas for ways to reach multilingual students and make library class
> more meaningful for them?  I have the opportunity to apply for a grant, so
> if you have tech, resources or other supports you use to help multi
> language learners feel more included and bridge the language gap with their
> English speaking librarian, I'd love some ideas!  Thank you!
>
> --
> Amy Webb (she/her/hers)
> Librarian, King Elementary School
> 1108 Fairview Ave.
> Urbana, IL 61801
> aswebb at usd116.org

Renee Welch
Bednarcik Junior High <https://www.sd308.org/domain/965>
LRC Director

Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library.
The only entrance
 requirement is interest. - Lady Bird Johnson