[aisle] Scavenger hunts for library- High School

Ann Marie Jinkins ajinkins at rthsd212.org
Wed Sep 15 09:19:09 CDT 2021

Hi Lori,

Our Freshman Seminar study halls visit my LMC every Wednesday. I've
attached the scavenger hunt & key that they do during their first visit.
There are four versions printed on four different colors, and each color
begins at N, E, S, or W to keep the 25-45 students moving around the room
in a clockwise direction. Half of the questions are the same for
every color, while I change the titles of books and artwork so they can't
just copy from another color group. It takes the fastest groups 20 minutes,
while others may take 40.

Many of the questions lead the students to parts of the LMC that they will
need during August and September lessons with me, such as fiction, the
Lincoln Award corner, and graphic novels.

I do a drawing from the 100% correct pages for each separate Freshman
Seminar, so there were 19 different winners this year. The prizes this year
were never-worn "vintage" RTHS T-shirts donated by clubs, departments, and
teams. (Note: the coaches and advisors were so glad to clear out their
groups' storage that we have enough T-shirts to give away two more times
for other activities this semester!)

Good luck with your scavenger hunt!

Ann Marie Jinkins
she/her
Librarian
Rochelle Township High School
(815)562-4161, ext. 4112
ajinkins at rthsd212.org

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 3:39 PM Lala Lala via AISLE <