[aisle] Scavenger hunts for library- High School

Carol Naughton cnaughton at d94.org
Thu Sep 16 13:44:24 CDT 2021

I do a google form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jlY6TdjBT645llgmbaqRrEDrME3JEAh3BI2hyfmOv_s/edit?usp=sharing
I put different characters in the different sections that students need to
find. I also have them interact with staff members who then give them a
call number to find.

*Carol Naughton*
*LRC Director, Community High School*

630-876-6400 | cnaughton at d94.org

http://www.wegolrc.org/

Currently Reading:

[image: Book Cover]Cultish: The Language of Fanaticism by Amanda Montell

[image: Google Certification Level 1 | NYSCATE]

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 12:34 PM Lala Lala via AISLE <

> Thank you so much, Ann Marie!!
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 7:20 AM Ann Marie Jinkins <ajinkins at rthsd212.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lori,
>>
>> Our Freshman Seminar study halls visit my LMC every Wednesday. I've
>> attached the scavenger hunt & key that they do during their first visit.
>> There are four versions printed on four different colors, and each color
>> begins at N, E, S, or W to keep the 25-45 students moving around the room
>> in a clockwise direction. Half of the questions are the same for
>> every color, while I change the titles of books and artwork so they can't
>> just copy from another color group. It takes the fastest groups 20 minutes,
>> while others may take 40.
>>
>> Many of the questions lead the students to parts of the LMC that they
>> will need during August and September lessons with me, such as fiction, the
>> Lincoln Award corner, and graphic novels.
>>
>> I do a drawing from the 100% correct pages for each separate Freshman
>> Seminar, so there were 19 different winners this year. The prizes this year
>> were never-worn "vintage" RTHS T-shirts donated by clubs, departments, and
>> teams. (Note: the coaches and advisors were so glad to clear out their
>> groups' storage that we have enough T-shirts to give away two more times
>> for other activities this semester!)
>>
>> Good luck with your scavenger hunt!
>>
>> Ann Marie Jinkins
>> she/her
>> Librarian
>> Rochelle Township High School
>> (815)562-4161, ext. 4112
>> ajinkins at rthsd212.org
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 3:39 PM Lala Lala via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I left my last job and did not make a copy of the library Scavenger Hunt
>>> I used to do with freshman. Does anyone have a library scavenger hunt for
>>> high school students that you would be willing to share with me?
>>>
>>> I'd like them to get to know where everything is and have fun doing it!
>>>
>>> Thank you for any and all ideas!
>>>

>>> Lori
>>> --
>>> Lori McGreal
>>> Trinity High School librarian
>>> lmcgreal at trinityhs.org
>>> 1-708-453-9340
>>>

>>> MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>>
>>> https://www.aisled.org/
>>

> --
> Lori McGreal
> Trinity High School librarian
> lmcgreal at trinityhs.org
> 1-708-453-9340

*This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq).  It may contain information that is
confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail, permanently remove this message and any attachments
thereto from your system, and destroy any hard copies thereof; do not
disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information
contained in this message or any attachments.  If you have any doubt as to
the authenticity of this message or any attachment thereto, please contact
the sender immediately.  Any copying, disclosure, distribution or other
action taken or omitted to be taken with respect to an erroneously received
or inauthentic message or attachment is prohibited. Communications sent or
received by Community High School District 94 may be subject to inspection,
copying, and disclosure under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA).*