[aisle] Sharing my Scavenger Hunt - High School (can be easily adapted)

Lala Lala lalalibrary918 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:44:01 CDT 2021

Hi!

I had asked you all for your help in putting together a Scavenger Hunt for
my high school students and you totally helped! I thought I'd pay it
forward by including links to my Hunt, plus the supporting documents I used
to present.

Here is the link to the Scavenger Hunt
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WHd4biiOD5pjd8Gy2P3adLnF8dFQjfEMFDOL2PrrvNQ/edit?usp=sharing>
that students got when they came into the library.

Here is my Order of teaching
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pi1N0nBYPZ7AeaE9SAIqi35jXnOXsMvK-SdAgGc5-QE/edit?usp=sharing>

Here are the documents that I held up for viewing during my presentation (I
did not have a projection screen):

   - Dewey Decimal system
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cugd3ZhJNfTEzHmVXJF15afk0bSnaA8ZSF00GLMX23Q/edit?usp=sharing>
   classification categories
   - Example of Fiction
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BwRqEtwCkSuS1KGZ0s244H5nn4DT417b2B-TM8qoMTM/edit?usp=sharing>
   spine label
   - Example of Non-fiction
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TlsP0HE9PLK4WvUSFCKWwhLLc8O7vL5E5TMiwiG2JpU/edit?usp=sharing>
   spine label

This worked best for my students after meeting with their teacher. It's
appropriate for any age group!

After the student partner pairs finished filling out their Hunt papers, I
met with each group individually so that I could get to know the students
and I verbally went over all of their answers with them. It was a lot of
talking but totally worth it! I learned what books they've read, what their
interests are. It was such a fun day! And I have many, many more classes
still coming in the next few weeks. I told the students that they should
keep the Hunt as reference for when they want to use the library in the
future.

Warmly,
Lori

--