[aisle] High School sources for Natural Resources Management

Lala Lala lalalibrary918 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:00:03 CDT 2021

I am trying to get free access to the public library's databases because
most of the students do not utilize their public library, thus have no
library card to be able to access the databases.

I am thinking of more FREE resources, such as government agencies or
something.

But, thank you!

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:53 AM Bramble, Ritamarie via AISLE <

> What a great class and research opportunity for students!  Maybe your
> students could use their public library database Academic Search Premier
> <http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,shib&profile=ehost&defaultdb=aph&custid=s9058862>
>  ?
>

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 1:43 PM Carolyn Kinsella via AISLE <
>
>> I would check with your local Soil and Water Conservation District.  They
>> have great resources for students of all ages.  This is the state site:
>> http://www.aiswcd.org/
>>
>> Carolyn Kinsella
>> Retired
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 1:25 PM Lala Lala via AISLE <
>> aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!!
>>>
>>> Can you high school Librarians please share your ideas for resources for
>>> this type of project?
>>>
>>> Natural Resources Management class.  The capstone class is called field
>>> research and is designed for students to research, plan, design and
>>> carry-out a research project over the course of the year.
>>>
>>> Here are some examples: One group is looking at growth rates of
>>> smallmouth bass in two different river systems.  another will test
>>> hummingbird feeder preference for color and availability of a perch.
>>> Germination and growth of coniferous trees in various soil types.  Habitat
>>> preference of dark-eyed juncos between rural and urban environments.
>>>

>>> I have access to Gale databases, including Gale in Context High School
>>> and Gale Onefile and Gale in Context: Environmental Studies, which will
>>> obviously be very helpful, but not much more beyond Gale as far as access
>>> to databases.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any ideas/leads!!
>>>

>>> Lori
>>>
>>> --