[aisle] Need suggestions from the hive mind

Christine Wilson wilson.christine at d46.org
Fri Sep 24 10:43:24 CDT 2021

Taryn - I'm sharing my Resource List I keep for historical fiction. It's
got some holes, but may be a starting place. I would particularly look at *The
Invention of Hugo Cabret, *which may have some advanced reading, but is so
broken up by the fascinating pictures that it might work with your group.
The Knights of the Lunch Table series might also be a good choice.

Good luck!

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 8:13 AM Taryn Parise via AISLE <

> I keep needing to find historical fiction for 4th and 5th graders that is
> written at a 2nd-3rd grade level but doesn't look too babyish.  We can use
> I Survived with audio support, Ranger in Time can be a bit much. Does
> anyone have any suggestions?  I clearly need to fill this hole in my
> collection.

#StaySafe

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School