[aisle] Banned books week activity?

Renee Welch rwelch at sd308.org
Wed Sep 29 13:21:13 CDT 2021

THANK YOU for sharing, Carol ! This is great!

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 12:27 PM Flaherty, Megan via AISLE <

> Hi!
>
> I am actually about to show this presentation
> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1G38mlQUSVP78g5aKvvlkXUybMKlMumtkIFR3eYqfo3w/edit?usp=sharing>
> on Friday and am going to place books at all of the seats with these
> bookmarks
> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15Ip1VPr8v2XJinfz993Qyi7PYbNOP4yOc9ddU4loqB0/edit?usp=sharing>
> in them. I will ask about different books on the first page and call on
> students who are sitting with the book to explain why it has been banned or
> challenged. Feel free to use anything you want! I haven’t decided which
> video I am going to show from the presentation (Dav Pilkey or Jason
> Reynolds so have them both included). I did the #dearbanned author activity
> 2 years ago but don’t know if I will have time for it this year.
>
> Megan

Renee Welch
Bednarcik Junior High <https://www.sd308.org/domain/965>
LRC Director

Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library.
The only entrance
 requirement is interest. - Lady Bird Johnson