[aisle] Stats on picture books

Rademacher, Kristen rademacher.kristen at marist.net
Wed Sep 29 14:38:12 CDT 2021

Hi everyone.
Over the years I have read and noticed a number of great stats on children's picture books, specifically regarding why they should be used with older kids and adults. Stats such as how many upper level and SAT words can be found in picture books or why to use them as a hook for a new unit. Now of course I need actual numbers and evidence and I can't find anything! Can you all direct me to some great articles?

Thanks a million and have a lovely Wednesday.

Kristen Rademacher - she/her/hers
Librarian
Director of 1 Book 1 Marist
Marist High School<https://www.marist.net/academics/arclibrary/>