[aisle] We Move Together author visit

Eti Berland etiberland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:27:50 CDT 2022

Hi everybody,

I wanted to share an invitation to a free community author visit I'm
hosting this week.

All are invited to join authors Kelly Fritsch, Anne McGuire, and
illustrator Eduardo Trejos to discuss their book We Move Together
<https://ccs.polarislibrary.com/polaris/search/title.aspx?ctx=41.1033.0.0.44&pos=3&cn=3795613>
at
a free virtual author visit on Thursday, April 21 at 6PM CT. As the authors
note, "We recommend this book for kids and grownups alike! With inviting
words, detailed illustrations, and a kid-friendly glossary, We Move
Together is a great tool for families, schools, and libraries to facilitate
conversations about disability, accessibility, social justice, and
community building."

It was selected as a core text <https://www.comingtogether.in/gallery-1>
for Coming Together in Niles Township 2022: Sharing Experiences of
Disability. I had the honor of chairing this committee and helped choose
this book to discuss across our community and beyond. It's a book that
belongs in every classroom, library, home, community center, etc.

The creators will engage in conversations with families about how to
advocate for more accessible spaces in their neighborhood through a fun
craft-based exercise. They will host a Q&A session afterward. This visit is
hosted by the Evanston Public Library, Lincolnwood Public Library, Morton
Grove Public Library, Niles-Maine District Library, and Skokie Public
Library.

Register here:
http://lincolnwood.libnet.info/event/6224004
<http://lincolnwood.libnet.info/event/6224004>
Access the educator guide here:
https://wemovetogether.ca/education-resources/
<https://wemovetogether.ca/education-resources/>
Access Tools here: https://wemovetogether.ca/access-tools
Coming Together website: https://www.comingtogether.in/

Since this event is on zoom, we have plenty of space, so we'd love for you
to bring friends, family, students, and community members with you!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much,

Eti