[aisle] Good behavior letter to parents?

Michelle Shippy shippym at winnebagoschools.org
Wed Apr 27 11:04:26 CDT 2022

I don't think you need to mention when and why the students are coming into
the library.  Just make it more general and express your appreciation for
the students' overall good behavior and positive interactions you may have
had.  As a mom of a student who had major impulse control issues when he
was younger, I would audibly moan when I saw his name in the subject line
of an email, so I always appreciated when someone from school took the time
to let me know he was doing a great job.

And you'll be amazed how writing these emails will make you smile as well;
we spend so much time harping on the negative that the act of acknowledging
the positive will have a ripple effect.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 10:41 AM Meyer, Gail via AISLE <

> My admin suggested that I send an end-of-year email to the parents of some
> of my library regulars (here during their lunch hour), letting them know
> their student has been a pleasure to have in the library. I do like the
> idea since so many messages home are bad news, but am having trouble
> wording it.
>

> I definitely don’t want to include anything about book checkout, it just
> would be a quick note to say x student is friendly, polite, and a pleasure
> to see each day in the library.
>

> Am I potentially outing kids who are avoiding the cafeteria and possibly
> getting them in trouble at home?  Should I say something to the student
> first?  Or am I overthinking? Anyone done something like this, or see
> anything else that could be problematic that I’m missing?
>

> Gail Meyer, Librarian
>
> TF South High School
>
> 708-585-2197
>
> gmeyer at tfd215.org

Michelle Shippy
District Librarian, Winnebago CUSD #323
815-335-2336 x 2225
| shippym at winnebagoschools.org

Create your own email signature
<https://www.wisestamp.com/create-own-signature/?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=create_your_own&srcid=>

--
This transmission is intended and restricted for use by the above addressee
only and may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION WHICH MAY