[aisle] Job opening - Head Librarian

Lala Lala lalalibrary918 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:12:06 CDT 2022

At this school, I'm fairly sure that the Librarian is NOT allowed to be in
the teacher's union, so the pay is less, as well as the benefits being less
than the teachers.

This may have changed in the last several years, but probably not. I have
emailed Mr. Sujak to ask.

Just an FYI since it is a long, arduous process to apply for a Library
position in a school.

Lori

On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 9:22 AM Executive Secretary AISLE via AISLE <

> I was asked to post the following information by Mark Sujak, IATE past
> president and Director of English and Library/Media Services at Morton
> East High School.  According to Mark, Morton East is looking for a head
> librarian. He stated that the library space  "...was remodeled only a few
> years ago and is two floors with multiple conference rooms and presentation
> spaces. There is a dedicated maker space with a certified staff member in
> that position, as well as three clerical staff members to help with
> circulation and student management.
> Candidates could apply on our website: https://www.morton201.org/Page/143"
>
> Mark's email is MSujak at jsmorton.org

> Carolyn Kinsella