[aisle] Special Ed boys only ELA class seeking book recs

Eichhorst, Faith eichfait at my.dom.edu
Thu Aug 4 16:06:35 CDT 2022

If graphic novels are an option, she can do Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales & the March trilogy.

If collaboration is an option, she can work with their history teacher to go through the books as joint units at the appropriate times during the school year.

The Classical Comics graphic novel of Macbeth has the original text while the No Fear Shakespeare Macbeth graphic novel uses their modern translation. Both are unabridged (unlike the admittedly gorgeous Gareth Hinds) version.

I've found that the visual references & aids can be a huge help for struggling readers, particularly when it comes to history & old classics.