[aisle] NEVER MIND! Re: Follett Destiny Question

Jennifer Muzzy jennifermuzzy at mcusd2.com
Mon Aug 22 10:55:13 CDT 2022

YES!!  Please tell where to check the box that will not allow the holding
of available items!!

On Sat, Aug 20, 2022 at 7:54 PM Kathryn Green via AISLE <

> Wait a second. Are you telling me that there is a way to turn off holding
> items that are available? If yes, please share! This has driven me crazy
> for years. I thought that was the way it worked.
>
> I have access to Destiny admin.
> Thank you so much
>
> My school email is kgreen at ocusd.net
>
> Kathryn Green
>
> On Aug 20, 2022, at 5:40 PM, HELEN BIBLER via AISLE <
>

> Yes, it was my fault and I am indeed the drama. I had an old patron type
> hanging out there - and that was the problem! Fixed!
>
> On 08/20/2022 5:35 PM HELEN BIBLER via AISLE <
>

> Yes I know - the problem is the students are able to hold things they
> shouldn't be able to hold - I have "hold available copies" UNCHECKED, but
> the students are able to place holds on books that are currently IN.
>
> On 08/20/2022 5:09 PM Kathryn Green via AISLE <
>

> The student needs to be signed into destiny to place a hold.
>
> Kathryn Green
>
> On Aug 20, 2022, at 2:32 PM, HELEN BIBLER via AISLE <
>
> I was just lesson planning for my students to remind them how to search
> books, make holds, and etc and discovered..... even though I have the
> "Place Holds for Available" option UNCHECKED (and I've never ever had it
> on) - - students are able to place holds on available items.... this is NOT
> how we run - we just don't have the staff and space to be pulling holds on
> available books. Anyone run into this? Is it a glitch? Am I missing
> something. I could for sure be missing something?? Is it me? Am I the drama?
>
> Helen

Jennifer Muzzy
Librarian
Riddle Elementary School
Mattoon, IL 61938
jennifermuzzy at mcusd2.com

[image: reading]

--
This is a staff email account managed by Mattoon Community Unit School
District 2.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential