[aisle] Are there still middle school libraries?

Mrs. Rose O’Connell from Glen Crest Library roconnell at ccsd89.org
Tue Aug 23 16:08:34 CDT 2022

Also a middle school librarian, grades 6-8, very busy with classes and
checkouts every day, and students without access to public library cards.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 4:05 PM Andrea Perrin via AISLE <

> I am a middle school librarian, grades 6-8. We have a very busy library
> with classes in every day.
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2022, 3:46 PM Kleckner, Stephanie via AISLE <
>
>> Hi friends!
>> I was told that this is highly likely the last year for our middle school
>> library. My principal said that she needs the space and wants to turn it
>> into 2 classrooms. She said she asked around our area and a lot of middle
>> schools don't have "library time" anymore. She also stated that they would
>> divide all the library books between the classrooms and encourage students
>> to go to the public library. So, are middle school libraries still a thing?
>> How many of you have thriving middle school libraries?
>> Thanks!
>> Stephanie Kleckner
>> Library Media Teacher
>> Mendota Dist. #289
>>
>> This message is for the designated recipient and may contain privileged,
>> proprietary or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
>> error, please notify the sender immediately.MAILMAN_MIMEDEFANG
>>
>> https://www.aisled.org/

Mrs. Rosemary O'Connell (she/her/hers)
Library Director
Glen Crest Middle School
725 Sheehan Avenue | Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any attachments are
private communications and contain privileged and confidential information
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not
review, use, disclose, distribute, copy or forward this email.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete/destroy any and all copies of the original message.