[aisle] Are there still middle school libraries?

Marybeth Raynes mraynes at fsd157c.org
Wed Aug 24 07:03:37 CDT 2022

I'm in a middle school and we still have library visits by ELA classes every day. However, my "space" has been shrinking for the last few years...storeroom/workroom/computer lab to STEM room to broadcast studio and this year they moved our new tech person into the library. I'm retiring at the end of the school year, and I just mentioned this exact scenario to a co-worker; I think it might happen here, too. I would not be at all surprised if they do this once I'm gone and not around to raise a holy hell! Good luck to you and your students! They'll need it without a library!

Marybeth Raynes

Hickory Creek Middle School Library

22150 116th Avenue Frankfort, IL 60423

815.469.4474 ext. 3740

mraynes at fsd157c.org<mailto:mraynes at fsd157c.org>

[cid:6b44a961-863e-4e56-9f1b-f07df2ac5a27]

  [cid:6bfd5ef1-fbe7-4ed6-9fd9-1422f713fb9f]    hcmslibrary157c

  [cid:437ef5eb-3dfa-4d37-9e07-209c73a2694a]    @HCMSReads

Right now I'm reading:

[cid:d17cbf6d-93de-47a9-ab9d-82b287235350]Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune (Hoopla audio book) and