[aisle] Bookmark Gift Activity Before Winter Break

Karrie Fisher kfisher at district31.net
Wed Dec 14 10:24:51 CST 2022

Hi Everyone,
It's the countdown to winter break!

Thought I'd share this with you as a possible activity this week.

Perhaps you are like me -- I have A LOT of bookmarks that students, family,
and friends have given me.  They come from all over the world.

As a quick lesson about the importance of bookmarks and how to use them, I
brought my collection in and showed them to my K-5 students. I was
surprised how engaged the kids were, especially when they saw a bookmark
from their home country.

*I explained how important these were to me because so many were gifts. * I
then gave them bookmarks to color or design so *they could give them as
gifts. * Again, astonished how much the kids loved this activity!

I did this by making a Word/Google doc, putting a three-column table on it,
and then pasted coloring pictures on them.  The hard part was cutting them
out.  I also gave the kids a template of the columns so they could make
three. (No cut out for me.)

It was an easy prep and kept the kids totally engaged on the Wednesday
before our Friday start to winter break.

Hope you can use this idea!

Search The Card Catalog
<https://district31.follettdestiny.com/common/servlet/logout.do?tm=>

Happily Ever After,
Karrie Fisher
District Librarian

[image: Bitmoji Image]
Winkelman Elementary School * 1919 Landwehr Road * Glenview, IL  60026 *
847-729-5650

Field Middle School * 2055 Landwehr Road * Northbrook, IL 60062
847--272-6884