[aisle] Elementary library - How to involve parents and students in library curriculum and collections

Tamra Ashby tamra.ashby at bps101.net
Wed Jan 5 08:32:23 CST 2022

Good Morning,

I asked parents to tell me the books that they were reading with their kids
at home that would make good additions to our school library. I used a
google form and our administration included it in their regular
communication. Here's the wording I used in the introduction to the form...

LRC Directors are seeking community input. Our goal is to provide a
selection of quality reading materials that  celebrate the unique
differences of people and help to break down stereotypes.  What books would
you recommend that we include in our school library collections to meet
this purpose? What books are you reading with your own children that need
to be read by more people in our community. Please provide your suggestions
below. Thank you!

It did provide some good suggestions and I liked that it gave parents a way
to provide input.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 8:05 AM Jaime Pirus via AISLE <