[aisle] sci fi resource needed

Christopher Rios crios at csd99.org
Wed Jan 5 14:04:11 CST 2022

Here are a few recommendations:

   - Pushing Ice - Alastair Reynolds
   - Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse #1) - James S. A. Corey
   - Contact - Carl Sagan
   - 2001: A Space Odyssey - Arthur C. Clarke
   - Pandora’s Star - Peter F. Hamilton
   - The Three-Body Problem - Cixin Liu - (I couldn't really get into it
   but people rave about this series)
   - Lagoon - Nnedi Okorafor
   - Childhood's End - Arthur C. Clarke
   - Space Opera - Catherynne M. Valente

And last but not least, War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells.

------------------------------

Christopher Rios

Librarian, (he, him <https://www.mypronouns.org/he-him>)

<https://www.csd99.org/dgs>

1436 Norfolk Street

Downers Grove, Illinois 60516

630-795-8563

crios at csd99.org

csd99.org/dgs <http://south.csd99.org/>

District 99 is committed to providing high-quality educational
opportunities
for all students in a caring, equitable and inclusive environment.

<https://www.facebook.com/DownersGroveSouth> <https://twitter.com/Dist_99>
<https://www.instagram.com/dgsactivities/>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHHU7l93t6GnxcoYPEInDoQ?view_as=subscriber>

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 1:46 PM Mrs. Brunner via AISLE <

> I have a friend who is asking for a great "first contact" book.  I had to
> ask what he meant, as my brain did not go to aliens, but that's what he
> meant!  He's an avid reader and an adult, so I am not as familiar with
> resources that might point me in that direction for adult titles.  Any
> advice or titles?
>
> valerie
>
> Mrs. Brunner
> Mt. Zion Jr. High Librarian
> 315 S. Henderson
> Mt. Zion, IL 62549
> 217-864-2369
> brunnerv at mtzschools.org
>

> *Be kind.  everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.*
>
> *"If there are no dogs in Heaven, I want to go wherever they went." Will
> Rogers *

This electronic message (and any associated file attachments) is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It
may contain privileged or confidential information. Unauthorized review,
forwarding, printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please promptly