[aisle] We Are A Library Renovation Finalist! *I NEED YOUR HELP*

Townhouse, Andie atownhouse at cps.edu
Fri Jul 29 11:20:55 CDT 2022

Hi Friends --
Firstly, happy summer!  I so hope it's being kind to you, and please know I
wouldn't interrupt these precious few weeks if my library didn't have BIG,
BIGGER...the BIGGGEST news to share!

Our school is now a top-ten finalist for a $100,000+ library makeover (from
furniture to lighting to flooring to paint -- a fresh 21st-century
culturally responsive take on the space!), and I NEED YOUR HELP!

The second step of winning this grant is voting!  *Voting begins on Monday,
August 1st and runs through August 10th.* * You can vote once a day, and
share the link with as many people as you'd like!* Every vote for Clemente
HS is a vote for each and every one of our students who have never met a
librarian before or had a library to go to.

*Again, live voting begins on 08/01, so please check back if you can; we
are nominee #8:  *

*Vote on Cloud Cuckoo Land Library Makeover Site (heartofamerica.org)
<https://www.heartofamerica.org/voting>. On Monday, there will be a voting
button under each of the sites.*

If you could help our school community by not only voting, but sharing this
link when voting goes live on Monday, we would be forever grateful!

Let's bring this home to our Chicago kiddos and to our state. It's a win
for us all.  This is the power of our collective voices at work!  Every
vote is for those who underestimate the reach of libraries!

With deepest gratitude,
Andie

--

Currently Reading: *Ghost Boys *by Jewell Parker Rhodes

Andie Townhouse, M.A., M.L.I.S., Library Director/Pronouns: she / her /
hers / ella/ ona/ 她 /هي
*Roberto Clemente Community Academy*
tel: 773.534.4000 <(773)%20534-4000>
fax: 773.534.4003 <(773)%20534-4003>
@: atownhouse at cps.edu
web:  <http://goog_1333025299/>*www.rccachicago.org
<http://rccachicago.org/>*

*New! Book time for afternoon book talks here!
<http://calendly.com/atownhouse>*

*our school library is:*
[image: Rainbow logo which says: diverse, inclusive, accepting, welcoming,
safe space for everyone]

*“Libraries are a cornerstone of democracy—where information is free and
equally available to everyone. People tend to take that for granted, and
they don’t realize what is at stake when that is put at risk.” ― Carla
Hayden*